Can quantum computing handle the stability needed for scalability?

• Thread starter stuartmacg
  • Start date
In summary, quantum computing has the potential to handle the stability needed for scalability, as it utilizes the principles of quantum mechanics to process and store data in a more efficient and secure manner. However, further research and development is still required to fully harness its capabilities and overcome challenges such as error correction and noise.
stuartmacg
How did you find PF?
google I think, while ago - got account dropped somehow
Hi Folks,
Just dropping after 50 years in signal processing. Joined some months ago but account died somehow, so doing this again.
Had a wee look at quantum computing since then - how can all that wave detail information be stable enough to scale up? - reminds me of analogue computing.

I remember commenting a few years ago, in an e-mail explaining why a data compression scheme was a good idea - observing that all science can be considered as a search for data compression methods to reduce the amount of information needed to describe the observed world.
I was quite pleased with that notion - is it a common one? It cuts through imagining what reality should be or do - occam's razor etc.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, it's good to have you back! :smile: