Can Multisim Import and Process Sound Files Through a Circuit?

In summary, you can input data from a file into a simulation, process it, and then save it as a signal in a different format. The specific commands for this process may vary depending on the simulator being used. Ncsim is a Cadence multilanguage simulator and may not be applicable to multisim. It is recommended to seek help from the NI multisim forums for specific instructions.
houlahound
Is it possible to import a sound file into multisim and run it thru a circuit eg a passive low pass RC filter and send the signal to a speaker and save the clean signal say as a wav file.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can generally input data from a file into a simulation, operate on it, then capture that data to a signal and write it to a file. You can then convert it to whatever format you choose.

The actual commands to do that depends on the simulator, but it is basically learning to make use of the various $read and $write simulator functions.
Not sure what multisim has available, if anything.

For example the following (from an ncsim file, not multisim)
$fwrite(tester_vectorsFPGA_filehandle,"%s %s %b %b //%0d\n",dpstringFPGA, dmstringFPGA, txoe, testeroe, vector_num12);

will write to the file represented by the filehandle: two strings (contained in dpstringFPGA, dmstringFPGA) , and 2 binary values (contained in txoe, testeroe) and a decimal value vector_num12

You just capture the data into a variable at each clock edge, and write it out.

You do a similar thing to read a file into a 2 dimensional array, then iterate through the array on each clock edge (or as you need the data).
Generally the array needs to be large enough to hold the whole file.

Others may have more experience with multisim.

Is ncsim a circuit simulator?

Not sure if it is valid code language but I read a lot of random symbols in yr code.

Same happens to math eqtns I read here so I think it is prob my end.

ncsim is a Cadence multilanguage simulator that I use at work.
I guess what I wrote won't help you with multisim. Sorry.

I recommend you ask your question in the NI multisim forums. I assume there are symbols to access file data for read and write, but I don't know how to do it.

Links to Cadence overview?

Related to Can Multisim Import and Process Sound Files Through a Circuit?

1. What is Multisim and how is it used by sound file users?

Multisim is a software program commonly used by sound file users for designing, simulating, and analyzing electronic circuits. It allows users to create and test different circuit designs before physically building them, saving time and resources in the design process.

2. Can Multisim be used to simulate sound circuits?

Yes, Multisim has a variety of tools and components specifically designed for sound circuit simulation. Users can design and test audio amplifiers, filters, and other sound-related circuits using Multisim.

3. Is Multisim user-friendly for beginners?

Multisim has a user-friendly interface and provides a variety of resources and tutorials for beginners. However, some basic knowledge of circuit design and electronics is necessary for using the program effectively.

4. Can sound files be imported into Multisim?

Yes, Multisim allows users to import sound files in various formats, such as .wav or .mp3, for testing and analysis within their circuit designs. This allows for a more accurate simulation of real-world circuit behavior.

5. Are there any limitations to using Multisim for sound circuits?

Multisim is primarily designed for electronic circuit simulation, so it may not have the same level of accuracy and precision as dedicated sound editing software. It is best used for testing and optimizing circuit designs rather than fine-tuning sound files.