Calculus 2 Integrals Homework Solutions

In summary, the conversation discusses two problems, 1 and 4(a), from a homework assignment. The problems involve using the second fundamental theorem of calculus to calculate areas under curves and find the value of a given function at a specific point. For problem 1, the individual used Riemann sums to approximate the integral and find the value of f(x)=-0.75. For problem 4(a), they attempted to use the derivative of the integral to find the value of f(2), but ran into an issue with the interval for f(2) being from 2 to 2, resulting in a value of 0. The conversation ends with further clarification needed for problem 1.
Kingnabeel

Homework Statement

Here are the problems
http://imgur.com/a/kbtPS
The problems I need help with are 1 and
4(a)

Homework Equations

The second fundamental theorem of calculus

The Attempt at a Solution

For problem 1, I calculated the areas under the curve (using remmien summs) and tried to find the x value that would approximate f(x)=-.75

For problem 4(a), all i did was that since it was an integral, taking the derivative would just be the integrals and that's how I got that answer.[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
I mean integrand

For 4(a), the problem with yours is that they are asking for f(2)=3, that is, when x=2 f(x)=3. What you've done is set your interval from x to 2. That means the interval for f(2) is from 2 to 2. Which will always be 0.

I can't tell what is going on for 1. You'll need to explain the question better.

Related to Calculus 2 Integrals Homework Solutions

1. What is the purpose of Calculus 2 Integrals homework?

Calculus 2 Integrals homework is designed to help students develop a deeper understanding of integration techniques and their applications in solving real-world problems. It also serves as a tool for assessing students' grasp of the fundamental concepts in integral calculus.

2. How do I approach solving Calculus 2 Integrals homework problems?

The key to solving Calculus 2 Integrals homework problems is to first understand the concept or technique being applied. Then, carefully follow the steps and rules for that particular technique and make sure to check your work for accuracy. It is also helpful to practice and review frequently to strengthen your skills.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving Calculus 2 Integrals homework?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving Calculus 2 Integrals homework include forgetting to apply the correct integration technique, making errors in algebraic manipulations, and forgetting to include constants of integration. It is important to carefully check your work and be mindful of these potential pitfalls.

4. How can I check my answers for Calculus 2 Integrals homework?

One way to check your answers for Calculus 2 Integrals homework is to use an online calculator or software specifically designed for integration. You can also check your work by taking the derivative of your solution and verifying that it matches the original function.

5. What resources are available to help with Calculus 2 Integrals homework?

There are many resources available to help with Calculus 2 Integrals homework, including textbooks, online tutorials, and study groups. Your instructor may also have office hours or offer extra help sessions. It is important to take advantage of these resources and seek help when needed to improve your understanding and performance in Calculus 2 Integrals.