Calculating Magnetic Flux Density in a Solenoid

In summary, the magnetic flux density B( in tesla ) inside a solenoid and parallel to its axis is given by the expression B= permeability of free space x n x I, where n is the number of turns per metre length of the solenoid. For example, if n = 100 turns in 1m and I = 2 Ampere, the B-field in 1m length of the solenoid would be B= permeability of free space x 100 x 2A. If the length of the solenoid is 10cm, the same formula would be used with 10 instead of 100. The length of the solenoid does affect the magnitude of the B-field
ryan9907
The magnetic flux density B( in tesla ) inside the solenoid and parallel to its axis is given by the expression

B= permeability of free space x n x I, where n is the number of turns per metre length of the solenoid

my question is so for example, if n = 100turns in 1m and I = 2Ampere

in 1m length of solenoid B= permeability of free space x 100 x 2A

how about the B-field in like 10cm of the same solenoid?

i still use the same formula B= permeability of free space x 100 x 2A? or use 10 instead of 100?

2. does the length of solenoid affect the magnitude of B-field in the coil??

thanks for the help

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Calculating Magnetic Flux Density in a Solenoid

1. How is magnetic flux density calculated in a solenoid?

The magnetic flux density (B) in a solenoid can be calculated using the formula B = μ0 * n * I, where μ0 is the permeability of free space, n is the number of turns per unit length, and I is the current in the solenoid.

2. What is the unit of measurement for magnetic flux density?

The unit of measurement for magnetic flux density is Tesla (T) in the International System of Units (SI).

3. How does the number of turns in a solenoid affect the magnetic flux density?

The magnetic flux density is directly proportional to the number of turns in a solenoid. This means that increasing the number of turns will result in an increase in the magnetic flux density.

4. Can the magnetic flux density be negative?

Yes, the magnetic flux density can be negative. A negative value indicates that the magnetic field is directed in the opposite direction of the chosen axis.

5. How does the current in a solenoid affect the magnetic flux density?

The magnetic flux density is directly proportional to the current in a solenoid. This means that increasing the current will result in an increase in the magnetic flux density.