Calcium Chloride based dessicant

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using solar air conditioning as a dehumidifier by using a suspension of Calcium Chloride and/or Lithium desiccant salt in oil to evaporate water and dry the air. The conversation is inspired by a video and notes that the Relative Humidity (RH) may actually increase due to the refrigerant being humidity itself.
trendset
Hello everyone.
I would like to experiment with solar air conditioning, wich may work as a massive dehumidifier.

I have the idea of making a suspension/solution of Calcium Chloride and / or some sort of Lithium dessicant salt in some sort of oil, run between a solar boiler to evaporate water,on the outside, and then, feed that moisture hungry suspension / solution into something like a big oil wet air cleaner, where an electric fan / turbine would cause suction of damp air into the filter, the dessicant fluid would dry it and it would come out of this very dry.

This video has inspired me:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Nicely presented, lengthy.

Note though that the Relative Humidity (RH) went UP (lower air temperature with the same amount of water vapor per volume of air).:doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Yes, it's because the real refrigerant is humidity itself, just tries to fill the void left by what has been absorbed and outward driven by means of this device.