Big challenge for best engeneer

• Thread starter alonline
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Challenge
In summary, the conversation discussed a challenge involving the Korona voltage formula and the promise of a surprise for those who can solve it. However, it was pointed out that this is not how the forum works and the thread was locked.
alonline
hi :]

i have a surprise for anyone who can solve my challenge:

we have the korona voltage formula...
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4859/aaae.jpg"

let's see who can give me the long way to it (from beginning to end and can explain it).. since it's the final formula..

only 3 people succeed so far

i promise you won't be dissapointed :]

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Assuming you are talking about Corona (Partial Discharge)

Can't give you the derived formula, but can give you a simplified formula.

t=(Vrms/17236)^1.5

Vrms=60 hertz RMS corona start voltage in air at sea level

t=thickness in inches

Formula is a simplified equation from equation in the Book "Reference Data For Radio Engineers", "Fifth Edition".

Formula is reasonably accurate for transformer using kraft paper or Nomex insulation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming you are talking about Corona (Partial Discharge)

Can't give you the derived formula, but can give you a simplified formula.

t=(Vrms/17236)^1.5

Vrms=60 hertz RMS corona start voltage in air at sea level

t=thickness in inches

Formula is a simplified equation from equation in the Book "Reference Data For Radio Engineers", "Fifth Edition".

Formula is reasonably accurate for transformer using kraft paper or Nomex insulation.

i had this answer a few times.. you are correct but the formula i asked is harder work it wouldn't be fair for other so I'm sry no hard feelings?:wink:

but! if you will find the formula i askes it's 150% surprise for you and not 100% like for the others

No.

You might have the wrong idea about why this Forum exists.

It is a group of volunteers who try to help people who need help.

It seems you already have your answer and want to see if anybody will jump through hoops for your amusement. I hope nobody does.

no, i got it- i just wanted to give a challenge to everyone here.. makes things more fun and from the suprize i give you can trust me that a lot of ppl can learn a lot from.

:]

alonline said:
no, i got it- i just wanted to give a challenge to everyone here.. makes things more fun and from the suprize i give you can trust me that a lot of ppl can learn a lot from.

:]

As was said, that is not how the PF works. It would be too easy for students to post their homework problems as "challenges", and therby cheat on their homework.

Thread locked.

Related to Big challenge for best engeneer

1. What is the "Big Challenge for Best Engineer"?

The "Big Challenge for Best Engineer" is a hypothetical scenario that refers to a difficult problem or project that requires the expertise and skills of an engineer to solve.

2. What makes this challenge the "best" for engineers?

This challenge is considered the "best" for engineers because it requires a high level of technical knowledge and problem-solving abilities, pushing engineers to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions.

3. How can engineers approach this challenge?

Engineers can approach this challenge by conducting thorough research, collaborating with other experts, and utilizing their technical knowledge and skills to come up with creative solutions.

4. What are some potential obstacles that engineers may face in this challenge?

Some potential obstacles that engineers may face in this challenge include limited resources, time constraints, and unexpected technical difficulties. Additionally, communication and coordination with team members may also pose challenges.

5. What are the benefits of overcoming this challenge for engineers and society?

Overcoming this challenge can bring a sense of accomplishment for engineers and contribute to their professional growth and development. It can also have far-reaching benefits for society, such as improving technology, advancing scientific knowledge, and solving real-world problems that can positively impact people's lives.