Backup jobs if PhD in physics isn't a goal

In summary: I see you had a 1-year internship as a data scientist. Didn't you meet career employees in this (or allied) areas while doing the internship. If you did a good job, it seems your intern supervisor, mentor or whatever, might put in a good word for you, or would be a source for positions you could apply for.
taabut
Hello everyone, I am a Physics Masters student in USA (international student). I have completed a semester so far. Currently, I am working on a project under cosmology, which is related to Fischer analysis.

Background: I have graduated with a BSc Mathematics with a physics minor. While starting my Bachelors, I was enrolled in Computer Science for the first 2 years and later I decided to switch to Maths. I also did a year-long internship as a data scientist which was till last year.

I am concerned that if PhD. isn't a goal and not leaning towards academic jobs, what are the computational physics jobs or any job I can get into which will be suitable for my career uptill now?

Physics news on Phys.org
Job markets vary a lot with locality. You say you are an international student currently studying in the US. Let's start with this question: In which country or countries do you plan to work in after you complete your master's? Job markets can also vary a lot over time. When do you plan to complete your master's (e.g., is it a 1 or 2 yr program)?

Likes Math100
CrysPhys said:
Job markets vary a lot with locality. You say you are an international student currently studying in the US. Let's start with this question: In which country or countries do you plan to work in after you complete your master's? Job markets can also vary a lot over time. When do you plan to complete your master's (e.g., is it a 1 or 2 yr program)?
I will complete my masters by Dec next year. And will be looking for job here in US. I need to work on the backup plan as well so that I don't waste my time later on during the job search. Also I can work on some skills during the remaining time like on some of the programming language.

I see you had a 1-year internship as a data scientist. Didn't you meet career employees in this (or allied) areas while doing the internship. If you did a good job, it seems your intern supervisor, mentor or whatever, might put in a good word for you, or would be a source for positions you could apply for.

Likes berkeman