Attach plates (my design) to the stator core of the machine

Hassan300
I am working on an electrical engineering project. However, I have come across a specific mechanical engineering problem. I have attached an image to describe what I want to do. I have primarily a stator core (made out of electrical steel laminated sheets) named part number "1". I have a double-sided adhesive insulation tape named part number "2". Lastly, I have a sheet of electrical steel, which I call a plate, named part number "3". The part number 2 will be put on the inner diameter of part number 1. After that, part number 3 will be put on the inner diameter of part number 1, which already has the part number 2. The part number 3 is made up of multiple strips (as you can see in the figure). Can you guys tell me the most efficient and precise way of putting these parts together, like I described above? You are welcome to give the suggestions regarding techniques or the tools. You are welcome to ask any follow-up questions.
Capture1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I expect it will take more than double-sided tape2 to stop plate3 moving on core1. Plate3 will get hot due to eddy currents. That makes organic adhesives questionable. Maybe you will need a mineral cement and some form of mechanical lock.

There would need to be some way to align the poles of core1 with the fingers of plate3. I assume the poles are equal in number. Plate3 would need to be made to collapse, then expand in diameter, so it could be inserted, then unrolled or expanded onto the inside of core1. That would require one cut, or a 'z' bend in each joiner between the sub-plates of plate3.