Ansys Maxwell simulation taking too long

In summary, the conversation is about a simulation that is not progressing and is always stuck at a certain stage with a progress bar. The person is looking for ideas on how to solve this issue, as they are trying to simulate and get results of inductance for a copper coil. The conversation also mentions that the question being asked lacks important information, which can lead to the thread being closed if the problem is not resolved.
whatphysics
upload_2017-10-18_23-33-6.png

simulation doesn't seem to be progressing. always stuck at this stage, see progress bar.

any ideas how to solve? thanks!

(btw I am trying to simulate it to get results of inductance for the copper coil)

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-18_23-33-6.png
    upload_2017-10-18_23-33-6.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,487
Engineering news on Phys.org
What exact problem are you solving? We cannot see the screen clearly enough to help.
When you ask a question devoid of information that we need to help, then one or more of these happens:
1. You get lots of questions, the answers for which could have been posted at the start.
2. The post is ignored for a long time
3. Somebody complains to the mentors about a bad question, we try to fix the question with #1 or #4
This thread, right at this point, is close enough to useless to warrant being closed, FYI. I am trying #1 right now. You can guess what happens next if things do not improve.
4. Question is too vague to ever be answered, thread gets closed. Everyone loses.
5. You get humor like the wugga-wugga joke.
6. You actually provide enough information to help answer your problem. Everyone wins! Because are here to help. You came here for help.

Last edited:
Right off the bat I see two warning/error messages in your message manager. try looking into those.

Thread closed.

Related to Ansys Maxwell simulation taking too long

1. Why is my Ansys Maxwell simulation taking too long to run?

There are several reasons why an Ansys Maxwell simulation may be taking longer than expected to run. One possibility is that the model is too complex, with a large number of elements or a high degree of geometric detail. Another possibility is that the solver settings may not be optimized for the specific simulation, leading to longer computation times. Additionally, the computer hardware being used may not have enough processing power to handle the simulation efficiently.

2. Can I speed up my Ansys Maxwell simulation?

Yes, there are several ways to potentially speed up an Ansys Maxwell simulation. One option is to simplify the model, reducing the number of elements or simplifying the geometry. Another option is to adjust the solver settings, such as using a different solver or changing the convergence criteria. Additionally, using a computer with more processing power or parallel processing capabilities can also help to speed up the simulation.

3. How can I optimize the solver settings for my Ansys Maxwell simulation?

The best way to optimize solver settings for an Ansys Maxwell simulation is to first understand the specific goals and requirements of the simulation. This will help determine which solver type and settings will be most effective. It is also important to consider the type of problem being solved, such as transient or steady-state, and adjust the solver settings accordingly. Additionally, running a convergence study can help determine the most efficient settings for a particular simulation.

4. What are some common mistakes that can lead to long simulation times in Ansys Maxwell?

One common mistake is using a solver that is not appropriate for the specific simulation, leading to longer computation times. Another mistake is not simplifying the model enough, resulting in a large number of elements that take longer to solve. Additionally, not optimizing the solver settings or using a computer with insufficient processing power can also lead to longer simulation times.

5. Is there a maximum simulation time in Ansys Maxwell?

There is no specific maximum simulation time in Ansys Maxwell, as it depends on various factors such as the complexity of the model, solver settings, and computer hardware. However, if a simulation is taking an excessively long time to run, it may be a sign that adjustments need to be made to improve efficiency.