ANSYS ACP 2015 - How to show plot?

In summary, the individual is seeking help with showing the failure criterion plot in the new 2015 Ansys ACP. They have been stuck for hours and are unable to find guides or tutorials for the new version. The recommended steps to show the plot are to go to the Solution tab, select "Solution Information", click on the "Plots" tab, choose "Failure Criterion Plot" from the Plot Type drop-down menu, select the desired results in the "Data" section, and click "Plot". Additional customization options are available in the "Appearance" and "Legend" sections. The individual is also advised to refer to the Ansys ACP User's Guide or contact Ansys technical support for further assistance.
IEatSoulz
Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing burst pressure simulation of composite piping and I have reached the stage where i need to analyze the results but I'm afraid i don't know how to show the plot in the new 2015 Ansys ACP and all the guides and tutorials are for previous versions. Previously, the plots or the results could be viewed by creating a new scene and editing it via the properties menu but with this one, I'm not sure. I've been stuck on this for hours. No matter what i do, the plot just remains grey.

Does anyone have an idea how to show the failure criterion plot? Any help would be most welcome and I apologize if this seems rather stupid.
upload_2015-7-23_13-21-17.png

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hi there,

First of all, don't worry, it's not stupid to ask for help when you're stuck on something. That's what forums like these are for! I understand your frustration with the new version of Ansys ACP and not being able to find the right guides or tutorials.

To show the failure criterion plot in the new 2015 Ansys ACP, you can follow these steps:

1. In the ACP module, go to the Solution tab and select "Solution Information" from the drop-down menu.

2. In the Solution Information window, click on the "Plots" tab.

3. Under the "Plot Type" drop-down menu, select "Failure Criterion Plot".

4. In the "Data" section, select the results you want to plot (e.g. maximum principal stress, maximum shear stress, etc.).

5. Click on the "Plot" button to generate the plot.

6. You can then customize the plot using the options in the "Appearance" and "Legend" sections.

I hope this helps. If you still have trouble, you can refer to the Ansys ACP User's Guide or contact Ansys technical support for further assistance. Best of luck with your burst pressure simulation!

Related to ANSYS ACP 2015 - How to show plot?

1. What is ANSYS ACP 2015?

ANSYS ACP 2015 is a software program used for structural analysis and design of composite materials. It is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and construction for predicting the behavior of composite structures.

2. How do I show a plot in ANSYS ACP 2015?

To show a plot in ANSYS ACP 2015, you can use the "Plot" command from the main menu or use the "plot" command in the command line interface. This will open a window where you can select the type of plot you want to display and customize its settings.

3. What types of plots can be shown in ANSYS ACP 2015?

ANSYS ACP 2015 offers a variety of plot types, including contour plots, vector plots, and graphs. These plots can display various quantities such as stress, strain, displacement, and temperature.

4. How can I customize the appearance of a plot in ANSYS ACP 2015?

You can customize the appearance of a plot in ANSYS ACP 2015 by changing the color, scale, and other settings. You can also add annotations, legends, and labels to make the plot more informative.

5. Can I export a plot from ANSYS ACP 2015?

Yes, you can export a plot from ANSYS ACP 2015 in various formats such as image files (PNG, JPEG, etc.), vector graphics (SVG, PDF), and animations (GIF, AVI). This allows you to use the plot in presentations, reports, and other documents.