American Association of Physics Teachers meeting next week

In summary: It's going well! The conference is in New Orleans which is a really interesting city. I'm looking forward to the talks and meeting people.In summary, the conference is going well and the city of New Orleans is interesting.
klotza
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Is anyone going to this conference, in New Orleans?
I'm going as an invited speaker. Should be fun!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Science news on Phys.org
oh man! I'd love to go, but for an unaffiliated guest the tickets are just too expensive :frown:

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Yes, I'll be there. My talk is also on Tuesday [afternoon] in the HF session.

robphy said:
Yes, I'll be there. My talk is also on Tuesday [afternoon] in the HF session.
oh man I am super bummed now! Is there any way to get a sponsored ticket somehow?

Greg Bernhardt said:
oh man I am super bummed now! Is there any way to get a sponsored ticket somehow?
Isn't it possible that you get invited? PF plays a role in the education of physics students of all levels.

If not, maybe you should get over any initial hesitation and do a little fundraising (via paypal) on the frontpage. I can promise a modest contribution. If many people give a little, it may go pretty quickly and you can be there on the 9th.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Probably not within a week's notice. Maybe the summer meeting?

Krylov said:
Isn't it possible that you get invited? PF plays a role in the education of physics students of all levels.

Personally I would think so, but I haven't received any invite yet :)

klotza said:
Probably not within a week's notice. Maybe the summer meeting?

Yeah this meeting is too soon, but summer would be great. If you learn of the right contact please let me know. Good luck again!

For future planning...
2016 Winter Meeting, January 9-12 (New Orleans, Louisiana)
2016 Summer Meeting, July 16-20 (Sacramento, California)
2017 Winter Meeting, February 18-21 (Atlanta, Georgia) ---note how late this is
2017 Summer Meeting, July 22-26 (Cincinnati, Ohio)
2018 Summer Meeting, July 28-August 1 (Washington, DC)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
How's the conference going?

Related to American Association of Physics Teachers meeting next week

1. What is the purpose of the American Association of Physics Teachers meeting?

The American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) meeting is an annual conference that brings together educators, researchers, and students to discuss advancements and innovations in physics education. It provides a platform for sharing ideas, resources, and best practices to enhance the teaching and learning of physics.

2. Who can attend the American Association of Physics Teachers meeting?

The AAPT meeting is open to all individuals with an interest in physics education, including teachers, professors, researchers, students, and industry professionals. Registration is required to attend the conference.

3. Where and when is the American Association of Physics Teachers meeting taking place?

The location and date of the AAPT meeting varies each year. This year, the meeting will be held on July 18-22, 2021 at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida. It will also have a virtual component for those unable to attend in person.

4. What can I expect at the American Association of Physics Teachers meeting?

The AAPT meeting typically includes keynote speeches, workshops, panel discussions, poster sessions, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn about new teaching materials, technology, and research in the field of physics education.

5. How can I participate in the American Association of Physics Teachers meeting?

To participate in the AAPT meeting, you can register for the conference on the AAPT website. You can also submit an abstract for a presentation or poster session, volunteer to be a session moderator, or become a conference sponsor. Additionally, you can follow the conference on social media and engage with other attendees through virtual platforms.