A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help

In summary, the conversation covers topics related to particle movement, acceleration, stopping distance, velocity, and displacement. It also discusses the relationship between velocity and acceleration, and the concept of inertia. In addition, it explores the idea of using position vectors and time to determine a particle's instantaneous and average velocity. Finally, it considers the impact of uniform motion on a falling object.
Thank you.

Consider a particle moving in a straight line. Does a Large change in speed always lead to a large acceleration? Explain.

For a car traveling at a given speed, there is corresponding stopping distance associated with that speed. The stopping distance is the the distance the car travels while the brakes are being applied until the car comes to a complete stop. If the initial speed of a car is doubled, by what factor does the stopping distance increase? Assume that the tires of the car always provide the same stopping acceleration, regardless of speed (a good approximation).

A book is dropped from rest and a bullet is fired from a gun horizontally (with a very high velocity) at the same time and at the same height. Both objects will hit the ground at the same time. Provide an explanation of why this must be true.

If the average velocity of a particle is Zero in some interval, what can you say about the displacement of the particle for that interval.

If you know the position vectors of a particle at two points along its path and know the time it took to get from one point to the other, can you determine the particles instantaneous velocity? its average velocity? Explain.

If a Rock is dropped from the top of a sailboat's mast, will it hit the deck at the same point whether the boat is at rest or in uniform motion at a constant velocity?

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=28

i don't want the answers i just want help how to start the questions, and tips that will help me achieve the answers

Well, here's some short tips:

1. [tex]a_{avg} = \frac{\Delta v}{\Delta t}[/tex] if [itex]\Delta v[/itex] is large, must [itex]a[/itex] be large?
2. [tex]x = x_0 + v_0t + \frac{1}{2}at^2[/tex]
[tex]v = v_0 + at[/tex]
3. Vectors can be divided into components.
4,5. Definition of velocity (and avg. velocity)
6. Inertia

Related to A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help

1. What is the purpose of "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help"?

The purpose of "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help" is to provide a platform for individuals to ask for assistance with understanding complex conceptual questions in various fields of study.

2. Who can contribute to "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help"?

Anyone can contribute to "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help" by asking or answering questions. However, it is recommended that contributors have a strong understanding of the subject matter in order to provide accurate and helpful responses.

3. How can I ask a question on "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help"?

To ask a question on "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help", click on the "Ask a Question" button and provide a clear and specific title and description of your question. You can also add relevant tags to help categorize your question.

4. Can I answer a question even if I am not an expert in the subject?

Yes, you can answer a question on "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help" even if you are not an expert in the subject. However, it is important to only provide answers that are accurate and supported by reliable sources.

5. How can I ensure the accuracy of the answers on "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help"?

The accuracy of the answers on "A Couple of Conceptual Questions Need help" cannot be guaranteed, as they are provided by individual contributors. However, you can use the upvote and downvote system to indicate the helpfulness of an answer. It is also recommended to conduct further research and verify the information provided in the answers.