Transmission Parameters of Single Vertical Resistor

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of calculating transmission parameters for a two-port system with a resistor. When the output port is shorted, the equivalent resistance becomes zero, causing the currents I1 and I2 to become infinite. The parameter D=(I1/I2) when V2=0 gives rise to D=∞/∞. The conversation also addresses the calculation of ABCD parameters for this system and the discrepancy between the directly calculated matrix and the one obtained through transformation formulas. Finally, the conversation mentions the concatenation of resistors to demonstrate the validity of the approach for calculating ABCD parameters.
challarao
Hello every body...

Consider two port system having a resistor (can it be called two port system?)...

____---->I1________________I2_<----_________
+ | +
\
/
\
V1 / Resistor V2
\
/
|
- | -

Is it possible to calculate Transmission parameters for this one?...
When we short the output port, the equivalent resistance becomes zero...
and I think, the currents I1 and I2 become infinite
The parameter D=(I1/I2) when V2=0 gives rise D=∞/∞
Then how can we calculate ABCD parameters for this...?
Thanks for any replies...

Now if I suppose the transmission parameters matrix for T network is [T] and for this single resistor is [v]...
I can calculate the overall T parameters for cascaded network of above two networks...and I suppose the matrix is [O]...
Then from theory, [O]=[V][T]
Then this [O] will not be equal to the directly calculated [O] matrix...
Why?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Physics news on Phys.org
1. Compute the z parameters.
2. Use the available transformation formulas to convert z_ij into a_ij.
3. To convince yourself of the validity of this approach you should concatenate two resistors R1 and R2 and show that the resulting ABCD parameters of the R1 and R2.

Related to Transmission Parameters of Single Vertical Resistor

1. What is the purpose of measuring the transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor?

The transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor can provide valuable information about the electrical characteristics of the resistor, such as its resistance and conductance. These measurements are important for understanding how the resistor will behave in a circuit and for designing efficient and reliable electronic devices.

2. How are the transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor typically measured?

The transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor are typically measured using a device called a network analyzer. This instrument applies a known voltage to the resistor and measures the resulting current, allowing for the calculation of the transmission parameters.

3. What are the main transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor?

The main transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor are resistance (R) and conductance (G). Resistance is a measure of how much a resistor resists the flow of electrical current, while conductance is a measure of how easily current can pass through the resistor.

4. How do the transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor affect circuit performance?

The transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor can have a significant impact on circuit performance. Resistance and conductance can affect the voltage and current levels in a circuit, as well as the overall efficiency and stability of the circuit.

5. Can the transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor change over time?

Yes, the transmission parameters of a single vertical resistor can change over time due to factors such as temperature, aging, and external influences. It is important to regularly monitor and calibrate these parameters to ensure the proper functioning of electronic devices and circuits.