Today's Fusion Music: T Square, Cassiopeia, Rei & Kanade Sato

90's? Sounds contemporary to me.

Likes difalcojr
Science news on Phys.org
Music by Mike Stern from 1985 but sounds contemporary.

Mike also writes beautiful ballads.

When disco and punk collide.

A brand new supergroup. In particular ebass player Wakazaemon is terrific. How can anyone get around the instrument that quickly and smoothly? It seems superhuman.

She is five feet tall.

More amazing ebass playing.

Frank Gambale, 65 years old and still doing it great. The inventor of sweep picking.

Catchy tune.

The original.

I like the South Korean dance version.

Better than ever.

Likes difalcojr
For sure. Their new album is really good, all 10 tracks, Worth the price, thanks. Some slow songs too. This one sounds more pop than jazz, like Kenny G. a bit, maybe, rich, smooth sound like Billy Vaughn's orchestra. Like the drumming in the background. What a great band!

Not really fusion fan. But if this is fusion - not bad

Likes difalcojr
Most complicated beat in the world?

Senri Kawaguchi, Flux Capacitor. (The title comes from Back To The Future.)

Likes difalcojr
The Jazz Avengers do it again.

I'm in Japan but buying tickets online here is so difficult I can't go see them.

Likes difalcojr
Bummer. They are amazing! Have their own sound. Think they are very popular now.
That Dynamogenic video before and band sounded like Steely Dan a little.

Ebassist Juna Serita gets my vote as the funkiest non-black musician on Earth. She improved a lot after she gained weight. Maybe you have to actually be fat to get that fat sound. It works for Dennis Chambers and Skeet Harris.

That's her on the lower left.

Last edited:
My vote too. So, they each wrote a song on the album. Here's hers. Almost put this in the disco music thread, it's got that beat.

OMG, I put the same one on. Sorry, not paying attention at all. Bad day at the PF all around! I'm out.

They have my vote too.

These two groups sound like they are coming from the Jazz Crusaders style: Borderline Jazz/Jazz Fusion.

Back