Solve 2D Green Function: Star Equation

In summary, a 2D Green Function is a mathematical tool used in solving differential equations in two dimensions, while the Star Equation is a second-order elliptic equation commonly used in physics and engineering. The 2D Green Function is the solution to the Star Equation for a specific boundary condition and has many practical applications in various fields. However, finding analytical solutions to the 2D Green Function: Star Equation can be challenging, often requiring the use of numerical methods and careful consideration of boundary conditions and accuracy.
PeteSampras
Hello, i don't understand how i integrate the star equation at the figure.

Fot example [tex] \int d x_1 \int d x_2 \frac{d^2G}{d x_1} [/tex]

[tex]= \int d x_1 \frac{d^2G}{d x_1} \int d x_2 [/tex]

but [tex] \int d x_2 [/tex]
[tex]x_2|^\epsilon_{-\epsilon}=0[/tex] ...sure this is a error, but i don't understand how i find the answer [tex]2a\pi[/tex]

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 492
Physics news on Phys.org
  1. I think you mean Green's function.
  2. The integral - such as you have presented it - makes little sense. [itex]\int_{a}^{b} dx_{1} [/itex] = b - a. Also [itex]\frac{d^{2}G}{dx_{1}} [/itex] makes no sense.

Related to Solve 2D Green Function: Star Equation

1. What is a 2D Green Function?

A 2D Green Function is a mathematical tool used in solving differential equations in two dimensions. It represents the solution to a specific problem by describing the distribution of a physical quantity in a two-dimensional space.

2. What is the Star Equation?

The Star Equation, also known as the Helmholtz equation, is a partial differential equation commonly used in physics and engineering to describe wave propagation in different media. It is a second-order elliptic equation that involves spatial and temporal derivatives of a physical quantity.

3. How is the 2D Green Function related to the Star Equation?

The 2D Green Function is the solution to the Star Equation for a specific boundary condition. It can be used to solve the Star Equation and obtain the distribution of the physical quantity in a two-dimensional space.

4. What are the applications of solving the 2D Green Function: Star Equation?

The 2D Green Function: Star Equation has many practical applications in various fields, including electromagnetism, acoustics, fluid dynamics, and heat transfer. It can be used to model and analyze wave propagation, scattering, and radiation in different physical systems.

5. What are the challenges in solving the 2D Green Function: Star Equation?

One of the main challenges in solving the 2D Green Function: Star Equation is finding analytical solutions. In many cases, numerical methods are needed to approximate the solution due to the complexity of the equation and the boundary conditions. Additionally, the choice of boundary conditions and the accuracy of the numerical methods can also affect the accuracy and efficiency of the solution.