How to find threads started by a member

• Thread starter PAllen
  • Start date
In summary, to find threads started by a specific member, you can use the search function on the forum or website and type in the member's username. You can also access a member's profile page to view all their activity, including threads started. Some forums and websites have advanced search options to filter threads by topic or category. To see the most recent threads started by a member, you can sort the search results by date. Additionally, some forums and websites have a calendar feature or advanced search options to find threads started by a member on a specific date or within a date range.
PAllen
Science Advisor
I recall this used to be possible, but it can’t see how to do it anymore.

Physics news on Phys.org
On the member's Profile Page, click "information". Then, a "Find all threads" clickable link should appear.

Just enter the members name in the "Posted by Member:" field of the SEARCH drop-down at the top of the page.

search.jpg

EDIT: Oops. This will give all post of a member, not just the ones started by the member.

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 245

Related to How to find threads started by a member

1. How do I find threads started by a specific member?

To find threads started by a specific member, you can use the search function on the forum or website. Simply type in the member's username and select the option to search for threads started by that user. This will bring up a list of all threads created by that member.

2. Can I view all threads started by a member in one place?

Yes, most forums and websites have a profile page for each member where you can view all their activity, including threads started. You can access this page by clicking on the member's username or profile picture.

3. Is there a way to filter threads started by a member by topic or category?

Some forums and websites have advanced search options that allow you to filter results by topic or category. You can use this feature to narrow down the list of threads started by a member to a specific topic or category.

4. How can I see the most recent threads started by a member?

To view the most recent threads started by a member, you can sort the search results by date. This will show the newest threads created by that member at the top of the list.

5. Can I find threads started by a member on a specific date?

Yes, some forums and websites have a calendar feature that allows you to search for threads started by a member on a specific date. You can also use the advanced search options to specify a date range for your search.