Find Wavelength of Electron w/ Kinetic Energy of 2.00 eV

In summary, the formula for finding the wavelength of an electron with a kinetic energy of 2.00 eV is λ = h / √(2mE), where λ is the wavelength, h is Planck's constant, m is the mass of the electron, and E is the kinetic energy. To convert from eV to joules, multiply the value in eV by 1.602 x 10^-19 Joules/eV. Planck's constant, denoted by the symbol h, has a value of 6.626 x 10^-34 joule seconds. The mass of an electron is 9.109 x 10^-31 kilograms. No, the wavelength of an electron with a kinetic
brandon26
An electron has kinetic energy 2.00 eV. Find the wavelength.

I used E=h(c/n) where n=wavelength.
But the answer comes out wrong, please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
check your units...

Related to Find Wavelength of Electron w/ Kinetic Energy of 2.00 eV

1. What is the formula for finding the wavelength of an electron with a kinetic energy of 2.00 eV?

The formula for finding the wavelength of an electron with a kinetic energy of 2.00 eV is λ = h / √(2mE), where λ is the wavelength, h is Planck's constant, m is the mass of the electron, and E is the kinetic energy.

2. How do I convert electron volts (eV) to joules?

To convert from eV to joules, multiply the value in eV by 1.602 x 10^-19 Joules/eV.

3. What is the value of Planck's constant?

Planck's constant, denoted by the symbol h, has a value of 6.626 x 10^-34 joule seconds.

4. How can I determine the mass of an electron?

The mass of an electron is 9.109 x 10^-31 kilograms.

5. Is the wavelength of an electron with a kinetic energy of 2.00 eV a constant value?

No, the wavelength of an electron with a kinetic energy of 2.00 eV will vary depending on the mass and speed of the electron.