Could anyone help me with my problem, my MCNPX simulation is not working

In summary, if your MCNPX simulation is not working, it could be due to errors in your input file, computer resources, or software issues. To troubleshoot, check for error messages, run a simpler simulation, and seek help from experienced users or the support team. To improve performance, optimize your input file, use a more powerful computer or parallel processing, and refer to the user manual. There are also alternative software programs for simulation, such as GEANT4, FLUKA, and MCNP6, which you can consider after researching and consulting with experts.
Ericdjs
My MCNPX is not working when I start the calculation. It says "bad trouble in imcn in routine xin cross-section file bertin does not exist."

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 287
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, the problem was fixed by myself.

Likes berkeman
Ericdjs said:
Sorry, the problem was fixed by myself.
How did one fix it.

Usually "bad trouble in imcn" indicates an input error

"in routine xin cross-section file bertin does not exist" Does that imply file bertin was missing?

Related to Could anyone help me with my problem, my MCNPX simulation is not working

1. Why is my MCNPX simulation not working?

There could be a variety of reasons why your MCNPX simulation is not working. Some common causes include incorrect input parameters, missing data or files, or errors in the code. It is important to carefully check all input and make sure all necessary files are present.

2. How can I troubleshoot my MCNPX simulation?

To troubleshoot your MCNPX simulation, you can try running a smaller or simpler simulation to see if it works. You can also check for any error messages or warnings that may give clues to the issue. Additionally, consulting the MCNPX user manual or seeking help from experienced users can be helpful.

3. Can I get help with my MCNPX simulation?

Yes, there are many resources available for getting help with your MCNPX simulation. You can consult the user manual, join online forums or discussion groups, or seek help from experienced colleagues or experts in the field.

4. How can I improve the performance of my MCNPX simulation?

To improve the performance of your MCNPX simulation, you can try optimizing your input parameters, using more efficient algorithms or models, or running the simulation on a more powerful computer. Additionally, making sure all input data is accurate and complete can also help improve performance.

5. Can I use MCNPX for my specific research problem?

MCNPX is a general-purpose Monte Carlo radiation transport code, so it can be used for a wide range of research problems related to radiation transport and shielding. However, it is important to carefully consider the capabilities and limitations of the code for your specific research problem before using it.