Are these DNA results accurate or is there room for error?

In summary, the individual in question received DNA test results for two children, with the alleged father being passed off as the father of both. However, upon review of the results, there are discrepancies and questionable loci that suggest the mother and father may be related, although this is not the case. The individual is unsure of the validity of the results and is considering getting a second opinion from a non-associated lab. They suspect possible tampering at the lab or contamination of the swabs as factors contributing to the unusual results.

Father or Not

• Yes to Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No to Both

• Yes to One

• Test is Fake

• Total voters
JustFrustrate
My apologies to (Ryan_m_b) for my previous post not being detailed enough to support a true discussion. This is the oddest results I have ever seen..and need opinions..

Below is a DNA result that the Alleged Father has been passed off as the father of both children.??.

By reviewing the first locus. The results reflect the female child as receiving 17 from Alleged Father which SHOULD make his 15 the "Y" to be passed to the Male Child. I added so "?" on the really questionable ones. This almost looks like the mother and father are related which is not the case..

Individual came to me to determine if this is a valid result as the lab in question is not answering any of his inquiries. He paid for this test and when asked to get the raw data gets told that it's not required.

There are currently 9 loc's in question here as all parties DNA has been submitted and the Male "Y" Chromosome should be clear to see as the mother states he is the father of both children.

Results came back in an envelope that looks like it had been steamed opened but was also raining that day it came in the mail. Might be a possibility of tampering at the lab as the mother can pull some strings.

The last possibility of the swabs being contaminated/tampered is a variable in the mix of all of this..

I need to know from a Biology perspective how could this be accurately resulting in a 99.999% on both children? Should all Parties get tested again at an alternate non associated Lab?

Attachments

• results.JPG
    results.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 599
Biology news on Phys.org
Reopening of locked threads is against the rules. Consult the clinic that sent you the data and get a second opinion.

Related to Are these DNA results accurate or is there room for error?

1. What exactly is DNA testing?

DNA testing is a scientific process that analyzes an individual's unique genetic makeup, specifically their deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). This is done by collecting a sample of an individual's cells, such as saliva or blood, and examining the DNA found within those cells for specific genetic markers.

2. How accurate are DNA test results?

The accuracy of DNA test results depends on various factors, such as the quality of the sample and the testing methods used. Generally, the accuracy of DNA testing is very high, with results having a margin of error of less than 1%. However, it is important to note that no DNA test is 100% accurate.

3. Can DNA test results determine my ancestry?

Yes, DNA test results can provide information about an individual's ancestry. These tests compare an individual's DNA to databases of known genetic markers from different populations around the world, allowing for the identification of genetic similarities and differences that can indicate ancestry.

4. What can DNA test results tell me about my health?

DNA test results can provide information about an individual's genetic predispositions for certain health conditions. This can include risks for diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer's. However, it is important to note that DNA test results do not provide a definitive diagnosis and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice.

5. Can DNA test results be used for legal purposes?

Yes, DNA test results can be used for legal purposes, such as determining paternity or identifying individuals in criminal investigations. However, these tests must be conducted by accredited laboratories and follow strict protocols to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the results.